Saturday, August 6, 2011

Mean Green Juice.

 I've mentioned before how I try to drink green juice every morning Here. It is really a big part of my morning routine and I feel SO much better during the day when I do drink it. I have more energy, sleep better, and well... I guess digest my everyday food better. Juicing veggies helps you take in nutrients much faster and easier. Instead of eating a whole bunch of fresh veggies(like the amount pictured below), when you juice them instead you're getting the nutrients into you're system faster. And let's face it, you don't want to have to sit down and eat a HUGE plate of veggies every day, not including salads and stuff you might also be eating later.
I'm so proud to say that I talked my husby into trying a glass of green juice the other day and to my surprise he texted me that day at work and reminded me to make another glass for him for the next morning! Wow, he is hard to convince to eat his veggies in the first place, and now he's drinking a glass every day!
Here's a little picture step by step guide on how I juice. Today I used: celery, parsley, carrots(and the green tops), cucumber, and kale. I try to buy most of my veggies organic, but keep my eye open for when they're a good price since that can get expensive.




If you want more information on green juice and the benefits, I suggest you read this book or watch this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment