Saturday, August 11, 2012

Writing


The last two days this blog has been inactive, because of me. I've decided to come out with a few things that have been going on lately. I've been in the middle of going through everything I own to either git rid of or try and store it away somewhere in my house. Plainly, I just have way too much stuff that I'm not willing to get rid of. In this process, I've been coming across many, many old things that bring back countless memories. If you follow me on Instagram, you have probably gotten that hint as I'm STILL trying not to post a billion pictures of old things I've come across and their memories. One special thing I came across was a stack of old composition books. When I was young I used to keep a fairly decent journal, but when I was in about early high school, I became such an avid writer that I would make myself write at least once every day in my composition books. It didn't matter what it was, how long it was, how boring my day was. I made sure EVERY day to write. I think I had this theory that if I wrote every day it would help me become a little better at getting my thoughts out on paper, not to mention my love(and still my love) for writing. I, of course, had to peek back at a few entries, and was AMAZED about how much that I had forgotten about my past. As I continued to read, so many memories came rushing back to me. I laughed so much and cried a little. The things I used to do and the way I used to think. It's so funny. When you look back a few years ago. You were the oldest and wisest you've ever been. You felt so mature, almost like you knew everything. And as you look back, now, you think, "How could I be so immature and dumb? What was I thinking back then?' Like now, you probably feel the most mature and wise you've ever have. I can't help but to think that when I look back in a few years will I feel the same way again? It's almost like a hilarious cycle. After reading some of my old writings I began to realize that most of it was so lost in memory that it was almost like reading a story for the first time. It made me so glad that I was so consistent with my writing. It made me realize a lot about my past too! As I continued to read, I couldn't believe how much had happened in my life that I had forgotten about. So many hilarious things that made me laugh to no end and some very amazing challenges and stepping stones I overcame. I got into reading back so much that it started to feel like I was just reading a book that I was REALLY getting into. And that's when the idea came to me. If you read my blog at all, you obviously know that I like to write. Actually I LOVE to write. It's really just something I mostly do for myself though. I don't think I'm a great writer at all or something. I just WANT to write, just like I always have during my life. So, I've decided to take on a challenge. All my many composition books are filled with so many great stories. Yes, they are probably a lot greater to me than anyone else, but I really feel like they need to be written down again. I wrote my journals for my reading alone and so I'm really the only one that understands them as they are. But I feel like I need to write them all down again as stories. As a way for others to read in on some of my life and understand it a little better than trying to read through scribbles and run-on sentences. I feel like these stories are meant to be rewritten and shared. It's a huge challenge, but I'm so excited and ready to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment