Thursday, August 2, 2012

Currently...


Loving: That I have tomatoes and other fresh veggies and herbs growing just out side my backdoor again. The last time I had a real garden was about three years ago and my life doesn't seem quite complete without one. The one I have now is somewhat small, but we're planning on expanding it so I can plant a lot more next year. For now, while still moving in and decorating, it's plenty big to keep me busy.

Reading: I just finished The Pioneer Woman. I want to read it again, but I had to pass it on so others could enjoy it for the first time too. It's one of the best books I've ever read! It's comedic, real, and romantic. It's even more perfect if you're a wife, mother or both!
I just started a little book Anthem that my cousin loaned me. It reminds me of The Hunger Games a little(the same general idea anyway) and I'm really liking it so far!

Working on: Decorating/organizing my bedroom. It's a slow process having a toddler that's always wanting to get out of the house and feeling ill the past couple days. I think it's slowly turning into one of my favorite rooms of the house though. I can't wait to share the pictures of our work in progress.

Thinking about: I know it hasn't been long enough yet at all, and I love our house as a "first house", but I can't help thinking lately about my forever house. It really pushed the thought after we got some new neighbors that have been pretty obnoxious to say the least... not to mention the yippee dog haha.

Anticipating: Fall. This summer has just flown, and I know I'll be anticipating summer soon enough again, but there's just nothing like the fresh, crisp, coolness of autumn. Not to mention how much I've been craving warm pumpkin and apple goodies!

Listening to: I've been noticing, funny enough, that A LOT of my favorite artist and songs have come out in '09. This is one that I had forgotten about that came out that year, but luckily rediscovered it yesterday!


Wishing: That there were no such things as bad days, health problems, and money issues. Some days, it seems like it all gets flushed down a toilet, but it also makes my stop and think about what really matters, and thats the people around me that I love so dearly.

Eating: Not only have I been trying to eat vegan, no processed foods or sugar, but I've also been trying to consume only what's in season... which is a lot of tomatoes and egg plant lately. One of my favorite dishes is eggplant parm, but I created a whole different way of making it. All fresh veggies, no bread and no cheese, and it's really simple! Maybe I will share the tutorial on how I make it soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment