Saturday, November 22, 2014

Top Cold Remedies for Babies

It's cold season so I thought I'd share a few of my personal favorite remedies for babies that don't include drugs or store bought medicines. Hope this is helpful, and I'd love to hear yours!





You'll have to make sure yours is safe for baby's skin and the rub isn't made from petroleum, like most big brands.

There are so many essential oils I want to list here but I tried to condense to just my most used. Use Lemon Oil to rub on the bottom of babies feet, orange oil works well too. Make sure your oils are pure(not the cheap kind) or it could burn your babies skin.

If your baby has a bad cough this is the best stuff ever! Just rub one drop on their chest and it works for a couple hours!

Warm drinks are great for colds. Of course make sure they're nice and cooled off for baby. Make some Herbal tea and make sure all the herbs are ok for baby. You can go to your local tea shop and have them make a safe blend for you if you're not sure. You can also make some homemade broth for a little extra nutrients while they're trying to fight their cold. Make sure you use High quality products when making it(the store bought kind isn't that great for them).

This is my favorite oil when it comes to colds. Not only is it one of my favorite smells but it works so well! If you breast feed rub a little on your chest so it opens your babies sinuses and they can nurse much easier! You can also use this in an oil burner or defuser.

Use this just like the Eucalyptus. Also a very great oil for colds!

These are great to use next to your babies crib at night. Put your oil of choice and some water in and your baby will be able to sleep and breath much easier. You can also turn on a hot shower, with the bathroom door shut and put an oil in the water. The warm vapor and oil will do wonders for them!

I've saved the weirdest products for last. If you've used coconut kefir before this won't be so weird for you. You can easily make your own coconut kefir too. Give them just a 1 tea.-1Tbs per day(depending how much your baby is used to it). It's full of probiotics(which is my number one personal way to get over sicknesses) and lots of other great nutrients!

I make my own cultured vegetables because it's SO easy. You can give them the cultured vegetables themselves or just let them sip on the juice. I'd choose this over the kefir but the taste isn't that appealing for babies(it tastes almost like pickle juice).

10. Peppermint & Lavender
Two more oils I decided to mention. Peppermint's great for breathing, headaches, and fever. Lavender's amazing for headaches, nausea, and insomnia.

So how about you? Do you have any personal cold remedies for babies? I'd love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment