Tuesday, January 10, 2012

For the Few Quiet Moments

It's very rare that I get a quiet moment to myself, not only because I have a very active toddler, but also because I live in house where so many people are going in and out all day. One of my favorite kinds of days is after the little man's in bed for the night and no one is home. I can just have a quiet moment to myself and it's so nice. Sometimes I'll choose to blog if I'm behind or want to just get ahead, but a lot of times I just snuggle up in a warm blanket with some tea or by a fire and read. It's definitely my favorite quite past time. It helps me to relax and all the thoughts and worries from the day seem to disappear. Here are some of my current favorite reads:


The Help
I got this book from my bestie for Christmas. We were talking about the movie because of how good we heard it was, but I told her I wanted to read the book first. She surprised me with the book the night before she left back to PA. I've only read the first chapter so far, but I'm already loving it!

The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels
My Grandma handed me this book the other day and told me to pass it on when I'm done with it. I'm so happy that she did! This is a true love story of a city girl falling in love with a real cowboy. The writer of the book has her own blog. She started writing her and her husbands story in small posts on her blog and her readers began anticipating new posts everyday. Her story was so well liked that she ended up making it into a book. This is definitely a good one for any gal that likes a good love story!
Catching Fire
This is the second book to The Hunger Games series. The first one was pretty intense and I'm totally addicted. The Hunger Games movie comes out in a few months and I'm anticipating it like none other!

Dream Job e-course
I just finished reading this and I'm SO glad I made the decision to. My sister and I are planning on opening our own shop in the future and this gave us so many great tips and insights since these two sisters just opened their own small business a few years ago. They have many other neat little e-courses too that I want to check out someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment