We just got three big boxes of citrus fruits the other day so I've been trying to figure out different things to make with them. I made some home made grapefruit salad dressing the other day and it turned out great! My husband is not a grapefruit lover like I am, and since this dressing had a pretty tart grapefruit taste to it, it was pretty strong even for a grapefruit lover, but all the more for me!
Here's how I made it:
1. Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil in a pan with half a cup of chopped shallots(or onion and garlic). Cook for about five minutes or until browned.
2. While that's cooking juice 2 cups of fresh grapefruit juice(about 3 grapefruits)
3. Pour it in with the shallots and bring to a boil until reduced to about half (about 7 minutes) and let cool.
4. In a blender place 2 Tablespoons of chopped, fresh cilantro, 2 teaspoons of sugar, some ground pepper to taste, and the cooled grapefruit mixture.
5. Slowly add 2 Tablespoons of olive oil while blending and blend until smooth.
I suggest it with some yummy feta or goat cheese. Enjoy!