Wednesday, January 25, 2012

What Everett Eats III

We had A LOT of avocado this week! I've heard a few people say how they don't like eating/feeding their child avocado because it's fattening. I really don't know where this theory came from, but if it's true I'm sure you could only get fat off of it from eating a LOT just like any other food. Avocados do have fat oils but it definitely doesn't mean you're gonna get "fat" from eating them! I like feeding Everett avocados because it's an excellent way to give him some protein without feeding him meat AND has a ton of amazing vitamins in them! Some other sources of protein I give him are eggs, (which he devours with a little bit of salsa) and almond butter. I haven't been giving him peanut butter because all of ours has sugar in it. I bought an assortment of individual squeeze packs of Justin's Almond Butter which is sweetened with with things like honey and pure maple syrup. Don't worry though, I'm not a freak mom. He defiantly still has his share of processed sweets! Mostly courtesy of his Dada!

Dinner: Easy Mexican Pizza

Lunch: Pita sandwich and cheese sticks

Dinner: Turkey dogs, rice dish, pretzels

Breakfast: Grapefruit, Orange, avocado, whole wheat toast




Lunch: Pickle, avocado, corn chips, cucumber and tomato salad

Lunch: Cilantro quesadilla, with salsa and avocado 

Breakfast: Pears, Whole wheat toast with almond butter

No comments:

Post a Comment