Friday, April 6, 2012

Lace Print Coffee Table DIY

I bought a $5 Vintage coffee table the other day that had some slight cosmetic issues. As I was getting ready to spray paint it I came up with this idea so it wouldn't look so plain. I really didn't intend for it to turn out so good because it was a very spur of the moment thing, but since it did I'll pretend like I'm a professional and know what I'm doing.

What you need: 
  • A clean surface you're painting
  • Spray paint
  • A few tacks
  • A piece of patterned lace large enough to fit over your surface


What you do:

  1. pin the lace to the underside of your surface until it's tight and there's no wrinkles.



2. Give your surface a good 2 to 3 even coats.



3. Let it dry completely and peel off the lace.



4. You can leave the edges unpainted, but I wanted to paint mine. If you paint yours, take painters tape and stick it flesh against the corner and lightly or not at all on the top of the surface(pictured below) to keep from ruining the paint.



 5. Once everything it completely dry lightly sand off any drips or paint clumps. Give it a good 2 to 3 layers of clear coat and you're good to go! xo -Liz

1 comment: