Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Name Magnet Tutorial

I saw magnets like these (above) at my sister-in-law (LaRae's). I told her that I liked them a lot, and then she told me that she made hers! She explained how she made them and gave me enough stones to make my own too!
So, here is a simple tutorial on how you can easily make your own as well!
What you need:
  • Clear, flat, large marble stones
  • Self adhesive magnets
  • Stamp pad and letter stamps(or sharpie and good handwriting)
  • Glue(not pictured) a glue stick will work fine
  • Scissors
  • Notebook paper or some other print that you like
First, stamp the letters on your paper making sure you have a good amount of space around each letter.

Then, cut out the paper. It doesn't have to be pretty, it just makes it easier to handle each letter individually. Glue the stones straight onto the front of the paper.


Then, cut off the paper around the stone in a circle. Make sure you cut enough off so can't see the excess from the front.


Now you can stick your magnets on the backside of each stone. Make sure your glue is dry before you stick them on the fridge or the paper will slide off the stone from the weight (trust me, I know).

Enjoy! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment