Thursday, November 10, 2011

Stuck in a Rut...




A couple days ago I had one of those days when EVERY thing seemed to go wrong. It was one of the worst bad days I've had in a long time. My attitude didn't help anything either. I felt like I was only half there, and just couldn't give everything 100%. I haven't been able to pull out of it and get back to my normal self. I had a list of things to do today and didn't get a single one of them done. I've been struggling to do everything lately(including blogging). I have no motivation and I feel like I'm counting the minuets down until I can get back in bed to rest, but never can seem to get into a deep sleep. I'm a person that gets incredibly upset at myself when I fail and I know I need to just get over it, hopefully I can get back to normal in a few days. Even though I'm not motivated at all, I know I really need to try and get back to 
having a lot more drive and passion. So here are a few suggestions I'm going to take:
1. Convince yourself it will pass.
2. Exercise. focus on at least low-grade exercise such as a walk, jog or swim.
3.  Get social.  We tend to become withdrawn in the low points of our life, a better approach is to join a new sport, hobby, fitness class, support group or other social activity where you can be with others.
4. Change your diet.  We tend to become self-destructive in times of trouble within our lives – eating too much sugar and carbohydrates.
5. Change your routine. Just one step toward change can get the ball rolling.
6. Change your company.  There are times in my life where I was kept in a rut largely by the negative energy of the people around me.
7. Take responsibility to change your situation and break free from your rut.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Elizabeth! I too have those days where it is just soo frustratingly hard to pull yourself out of just wanting to go to bed for the rest of the day. I actually almost did that the other day but the only thing left inside of me, Well actually it was probably all God's grace, I went and made dinner and it was alright...I got through the rest of the day. All that to say, I totally understand those days. AND - I had to smile when I saw #2 because I just started doing 20 minutes light work out each morning and it has been such a fantastic start to each day! Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions for the blah times in our lives!!

    ReplyDelete